A new update release for the 10.0 series of the IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on POWER is now available.
This release provides new features and many package updates, including:
- POWER9 tuned libraries.
- The GNU C Library provides:
- POWER9 implies fixed.
- Fixes powerpc ifunc-sel.h with GCC 6 and ifunc-sel.h asm constraints and clobber list.
- Fix for argp.h overwriting GCC keywords with macros.
- Fix for objects in libc.a being overwritten in other static libraries.
- Binutils provides:
- Boost provides 128 bytes of cache line for lockfree data structures.
- OpenSSL provides fixes for CVE-2016-6309 and CVE-2016-7052.
- Python fixes CVE-2016-5636: heap overflow in zipimporter module.
About the IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power
The IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power is a set of open source development tools (compiler, debugger and profiling tools) and runtime libraries that allow users to take leading edge advantage of IBM’s latest POWER hardware features on Linux. For more information about it, visit our page.